Monday, November 29, 2010

Different Level of Eww

Apparently I am in the mood for remakes. So, I cry pardon for the slightly skewed content.

The past few months have been trying. Most days I come home and just about crawl right into bed. With that comes flashbacks of when I quit previous jobs. Most notably when I quit my position as Deputy Sheriff.

I have been trying to avoid blogging with a whining undertone, but I find it impossible to avoid any longer.

Caseloads are rising to impossible levels. Days are spent either typing warrants, serving warrants, fighting with Supervisors as why a warrant has to be issued, or taking 70 - 80 reports on any given report day.

The silver lining is that our agency managed to scrap together enough money to hire a replacement for the 20 plus people that have left since I have been at this office. That is correct they hired one person. A person that will have to complete the Criminal Justice Academy before they are ready to take on a caseload. Our Agency track record within the CJA is not exactly stellar and we do not hold much hope for the new hire.

Most of the Women that are stationed in Cubicles around the New Hire give the cold shoulder. A defence mechanism derived from years of disappointment. Everyone wants to welcome the New Hire in, but we all know that it is a 50/50 shot that they will make it back from the Academy. If they do, Hazzah, everyone rejoices. If they do not, they are sent west to look for other employment.

Meanwhile, the office scuttlebutt is in full swing. Every thing is talked about, from the State wide possibilities that our Agency might be forced into the same money grubbing sink hole that is the South Carolina Department of Corrections, to lay offs, to furloughs. Then there are the Office wide possibilities of pooling caseloads. Casey, you got out just in time.

At the moment these are only rumors. If they become more, I will discuss them in further detail.

With so much going on it was interesting that Work Mom chose now to bring up the subject of my love life. In an office dominated by Women it is hard to avoid the Subject. Most of the Women in my office, I would imagine, either view me as a Son or Brother. Most notably Work Mom, hence the name. I have known for some time that these particular Women had taken it upon themselves to find me that perfect woman.

Work Mom has always toyed with the idea of me hooking up with her younger Sister, who apparently has taken a similar interest in not dating. I am not entirely sure why Work Mom has this fascination, since I have always managed to get under her skin in one way or another. But, obviously this a top level requirement in a Brother-in-Law.

She even managed to get us to meet. Having her sister drop her off at the office for the Sex Offender checks Halloween night. It was a brief conversation of, "Hi, Nice to meet you, heard a lot about you, I'm going to go ruin a Pedophile's night now, bye." Obviously that made quite the impression.

A month later and another Holiday behind us, Work Mom comes to my desk with a sticky note. This sticky note has a name and phone number on it. That of her Sister. She hands me the note and says, "I think my sister would like for you to give her a call sometime." The only thought to come to my mind is a question, "You think or she said?" She rolled her eyes and replied, "She said." Before I could reply she was called away.

Now, here is where my mind went somewhere it should not have. Considering the fact that I view this lady as my Work Mom and she basically told me to go on a date with her Sister...do I really have to spell it out. Oedipus Rex it is not (Praise God, finding the Acid for an Acid bath these days is hard), but why my mind would go there is a little disturbing. It probably went into that gutter as some measure of stress relief, but how that is possible by causing more stress is beyond me.

At this point I am weighing my options (procrastination by any other name), but more information is needed. But, again as things develop you all will be among those to know.

Semper Fi Deus

Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment